Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Rebirth.

It’s blossoming, I’m blossoming
A new beginning- a new me
Change is good, but what if I don’t like it?
I’m content now, why move on?
“You have to” I tell myself
Put it away, behind you.
The flowers bloom
My old skin shed
My past poisons me like venom flowing through my veins
Go back
NO-
The grass is greener
The wind in my hair.
I miss the snow,
The ice,
No shorts-
Pants.
I’ll miss my sweaters
I need to swim
No more drowning.
It’s time to change
“you can do this”
I take a breathe
The air is clean
It fills my lungs
It’s purifying.
I take a step back
Don’t eat that!
I need to run.
So much to think about.
Will I like this?
I’m being reincarnated
Into a new me.
A healthier, happier wiser, funnier me.
I’ll smile more, laugh harder.
New people
Old friends.
Adventure is ahead.
College is my communion.
Will I like it?
I’m sure I will.
I have to.
I promised I would.
I scratch myself,
My skin reddens.
It’s raw and needs to heal.
Change is good.
I know it is.
Shut up!
Stop dreaming.
I lift myself up
Just to crash again.
I want to be smoke
Vanish into everywhere-
Everyone.
You can do it
My mind races.
One step at a time.
I jump on
The waters cold.
My body shivers.
I’ll get use to it.
Same old friends-
New faces.
I’ll learn their names
They’ll know mine.
I’m hatching
My shell is cracked.
I’m forming into a new me
I’ll do it.
I know I can
Tell yourself that.
A kiss-
Good-bye.
I’ll see you soon.
My ghost evaporates into the black.
I’m new
I’m clean.
I smile-
And take a step in.
My head above the water
I feel the air.
My eyes open.
I’m white
I’m clear
I’m a blank canvas.
Paint me
Shape me
Sculpt me.
My reinvention is complete

No comments: