Thursday, December 13, 2007

Autobiography box.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I decided to paint the inside of my box bright green. Green is a color that represents me; it’s a cool color, it brings joy to whoever looks at it. I’d like to think I am like the color green. I would like to think that I make people happy when they see me. I didn’t change the outside at all. I think that finishing it would make it seem that I, as a person, am finished. I don’t believe that. If I were a piece of artwork I wouldn’t be finished. You never stop growing, why should your artwork?
As far as the inside of my box, lets start from the top: The knitting needles represents accomplishment; last year I wanted to learn to knit, so I went out and bought myself knitting needles and yarn and sat in front of my computer and watched How-To-Knit videos on you tube. Once I got down the basic rhythm of the stitches it got easy and I was able to make things. I usually just stay with unfinished scarves though. Next is the big Harry Potter action figure. I LOVE Harry Potter. I thought it was a great series. When the series first came out I wasn’t a fan at all. It wasn’t until the fourth installment was released I became hooked. My aunt Sue bought me my first Harry Potter book and I thank her each time I see her. Harry Potter is a major part of my life. My friends make fun of me for liking it but I don’t care. Next are the huge orange sunglasses. The sunglasses represent fame. Ever since I was little I wanted to be famous. I want to be either a famous
cartoonist or a fashion designer. Ever since fifth grade I knew I wanted to be a fashion designer. I have about three of four pairs of oversized grandma sunglasses. I know they are a little feminine but what ever. One day I want people to scream my name because they love me and what I do.
The Smirnoff bottle cap is next. Why? Because it’s delicious plane and simple. I am not an alcoholic but I like drinking with friends and we have a love for Smirnoff’s…who doesn’t? The KB Happy feet gift card is the next thing. I’ve worked at KB for two and a half years. I like it there. KB changed me. It taught me to be more responsible, how to deal with people, how to actually work, but it didn’t teach me how to save money. Pay isn’t that well there but workings with people that become your friends make up for it.
Now getting inside the box: The first thing that catches my eye is the doodle of me. I did that forever ago on break at work. I tried to show that it is drawn on the back of a receipt but I guess it didn’t work that well. I love doodling myself, probably because I’m comfortable with whom I am. I don’t try to be anyone else but me. I don’t change myself around different people. I’m really loud and funny, I’m too bubbly for a guy but whatever, and we all have flaws, right. Above the doodle is a yellow pin that says “I <3 being Black”. Anyone who really knows me knows I love black humor. I love it so much. My dad is a sergeant in the city and he did security for the African parade a few months back. He came in my room the next day and gave me this pin. I almost pissed myself. I pinned it on my school bag and got compliments and laughs. My one English teacher, Mrs. Parera, wanted one. I got my dad to get another one for her. If I were able to choose my race, I would chose being black…that or Asian. Or a mix.
To the left of the pin is a hand made wand I made myself for my Ronald Weasley collectable doll (gay, I know). Robert Tonner made these 17 inch dolls from the Harry Potter movies and I had to have them. I tried remaking the characters wands for them, but it didn’t turn out so well, but I liked the results anyway. Next to the wand is a peace sign keychain. If I were in a beauty contest, I would be the only contestant who actually wants world peace. I love giving the peace sign, and I’ve noticed that in the past year I’ve become more and more like a hippie. My mom makes fun of me all the time because I’m going through this phase of wearing those headbands around my head…duh.
On the left side of the box is a Jones Soda label. The actual picture has nothing to do with me, but I love me some Jones Soda. Green Apple is my favorite, but FUFU berry isn’t too shabby. On the opposite wall is a magnet of the TV show “The Office”. I loooove this show. I don’t watch it on TV but I have the first three seasons on DVD. I’m big into stupid funny shows. Next I have a purple CD canny-cornered on the left hand side of the box. This represents my love of music. Without music the world would be boring. I love sitting down to do work or art and listening to some awesome music from my play list. Next is a Palm Reading book. I can’t really read palms that well, but I want to go to a physic like, reeeeaaaal bad. I kind of believe in that stuff; like seeing the future and what not. Next to the book is a pile of crayons. I love art. Art is a big part of my life. I’m majoring in art, and want to be a Fashion Designer. Ever since I was a wee little Andrew baby I drew and colored. I was an only child until I was seven so I didn’t really have anyone to play with outside of school, so I drew a lot.
Behind the crayons is a pin cushion with a needle sticking out of it. I sew. I know, girly, but my nanny taught me when I was little, and it stuck. I like making/altering my clothing to make them original. Next to the pin cushion is a Littlest Pet Shop Panda. Last year I bought a bag full of these toys and found one to fit each employee’s personality at work. Mine was the little panda. I love pandas. They’re pretty cool. I want to be a panda. In front of the panda are chop sticks. I love Chinese food. I’m the only person in my family who can use chop sticks, and eat with them. I feel special when I use them and everyone’s like “Oooh, ahhhh. How do you use them Andrew, the great”? I get all warm inside.
The quarter represents my love for money, and my bigger love of spending it. I am such a spendthrift. I was blessed with my moms shopping gene. I spend my paychecks before I get them. If I am being paid on Friday, I write checks on Wednesday. It’s bad, I know. Next to the quarter is a little orange cat. I found this cat in Michaels craft store and was like “That looks like Hermione”, my cat. I had to buy it. It actually doesn’t look like my cat at all, but what ever. I like cats. If I were able to chose what type of animal I could be, I’d chose a cat; a cat and a panda, Pat or Catanda. Hmnm…I sense a new species in the making. On the opposite side of the cat and quarter are a pile of buttons, I picked the primary colors because that makes everything, Red, Blue, and Yellow make every other color out there. It’s kind of creepy, but cool at the same time. The buttons represents my love for Fashion. I always have random clothing on my floor or stuffed in one of my dresser draws.
Finally, in my little green box of Andrewness, is an old movie ticket for the movie Hairspray. I fell in love with this movie from the first time I saw it. I love the original, but the remake was amazing. I love musicals and this made me love them even more. I ended up seeing Hairspray in the theaters sex times, and I am now a proud parent of the shimmy and shake edition DVD.
My box is full of wonderful treasures (that’s what she said). I have mucho random things stuffed in there. That represents me though. I am extremely random. The outside doesn’t need to be done to be finished. This box represents me and how I am right now, December eleventh, 2007. (I didn’t want to type it out, but it would probably take the same about of time as that just did…*sigh*). My box is pretty nifty, like me *smile*

No comments: