Monday, March 2, 2009

The dark side has cookies.

Last night I watched The Haunting of Molly Hartley. It was an okay movie. I’m glad I didn’t pay $10 to see it though. The movie is about this girl, Molly who keeps hearing things and seeing her mother (who is institutionalized for stabbing Molly in the chest with a pair of scissors). It turns out that Molly died as a baby, and her mother made a deal with this woman where the woman would bring Molly back to life but on her 18th birthday Molly belonged to her. The woman was working with Satan or something like that, and once Molly turned 18 she was immortal. She got whatever she wanted blah blah blah.

The movie got me thinking; what path is truly better? The good side or the bad side? If you read or watch any movie there are ups and downs to both sides. If you choose the good side you choose God, Morals, Honor, Death, etch. If you choose the dark side you are guaranteed money and success and fame and glamour. The dark side provides you with protection and usually immortality. Look at it this way: Sure you have to basically sell your soul to Satan (if he truly exists), but you can get anything you want. You want money, you can have It. Fame? Boom here ya go. Fuck, the dark side even has cool red lighsabers and awesome costumes. You are granted the best shit in life. Sure sure you aren’t honorable or friendly, but come one! I’d choose being a vampire over having morals.

Overall I guess what I’m trying to say is that If I had to choose I think I would choose the darker path and be able to have whatever I wanted because if Jesus was truly real he’s just forgive me for being bad and let me into Heaven anyway. It’s a win win situation. Suck it God.

No comments: